Keyboard app developed by Google for your Android device
Google Keyboard, an intelligent keyboard, increases your writing speed thanks to the option for keyboard customized gestures. You can write words and even sentences in less than two seconds. Of the most essential features, "Gesture Typing with dynamic floating preview," will be your most important feature. It means faster writing with as few of errors as possible. Google Keyboard, this rapid-typing tool developed by Google, supports up to 26 languages and dictionaries. In addition, you have complete compatibility with tablets and Android smartphones.
The keyboard includes everything you will love from glide typing, voice typing and more. Along with those features, you have Google Search built into the software. You no longer have to switch apps to share information. You can do it straight from the keyboard. Gboard includes emojis and you can also conduct GIF searches. With the multilingual keyboard, you can switch languages at the drop of a hat.
What's even cooler? As you type, the keyboard learns your habits, so you no longer need to add words to your personal dictionary. All you have to do is type a word once and suggestions for the word will be made next time. If you possess multiple devices, you can sync learned words across these devices to improve the suggestions. You can share anything from weather forecasts to videos to images to nearby stores and restaurants. With the voice typing, you can more easily dictate text while you're on the move. With this keyboard, you cut your typing time in half, and you make it much easier to use the keyboard.
- Supports 26 languages and dictionaries
- Glide typing and voice typing available
- Type a word once and the software adds it to your personal dictionary
- Types words you didn't intend to type sometimes
• Scrollable search suggestion chips in Gboard for Google App users (beta only)
• Download the beta version to give feedback on upcoming improvements https://goo.gl/8Ksj7x
Potentially dangerous permissions
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- GET_PACKAGE_SIZE: Allows an application to find out the space used by any package.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.